Balloon over Bagan is so famous itself. To maxmine your enjoyfulness with this stunning flight, take some notes for the most important things.
Your adventure starts with a short journey in one of romantic converted vintage buses to a dedicated launch site. The balloon is guided by gentle winds not exceeding 15 mph, allowing passengers a serene and peaceful bird’s-eye view of ancient temples drifting by. Using his skill and years of local knowledge in Bagan, the pilot is able to guide the balloon to a gentle landing where our friendly and experienced crew will be on hand with fruit, fresh pastries and a glass or two of champagne to complete the post flight celebration.
Classic Service Flight
1st October 2014 to 31st March 2015 (excluding Xmas & New Year period) USD 320 per person
20th December 2014 to 5th January 2015 (Xmas & New Year period) USD 330 per person
Premium Service Flight
1st October 2014 to 31st March 2015 (excluding Xmas & New Year period) USD 380 per person
20th December 2014 to 5th January 2015 (Xmas & New Year period) USD 390 per person
Riding balloon over Bagan has several notes that requires passengers to pay attention. Our tour guide and the pilot will notify you clearly before boarding on. There are some most special notes that you need to remember:
– Passengers are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved clothing from 100% natural fibres.
– Any Passenger in excess of 125 kg / 280 pounds, or any passenger who requires the space in the basket for 2 passengers, will be required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance could lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
– Flights cancelled by Balloons over Bagan for safety reasons or as a result of unfavourable weather or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to Balloons over Bagan will be refunded in cash either in Bagan or in Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to organise their refunds.
– Balloons over Bagan will not fly children under the age of 8 years. A child under the age of 16 years will only be flown if accompanied by a responsible adult, and the child is over 4’6” tall (or 137 cm).
– And as in a commercial aircraft, the pilot of the day has absolute authority and all passengers and crew must comply with his instructions. The pilot’s decision on all matters is final.
Safety Note and Capacity
- Commercial passenger ballooning is the safest form of all air transport.
- In Bagan we and balloon company are always very careful. We only fly when there are light surface winds less than 8 knots since we launched in 1999 we have never recorded any accident or incident however minor
- Pilots and technicians are European Nationals qualified and registered in the UK.
- Balloons are built to the highest standards of the British aerospace industry by Cameron Balloons Ltd and Lindstrand Balloons.
- All crew are trained to the highest international standards and have all been trained in first aid by UK Public Transport Inspectors
There are 10 balloons in 2013 – 2014 season. Two balloons have room for 8 passengers in four separate compartments plus a pilot. One balloon has room for 12 passengers in four separate compartments. Seven balloons have room for 16 passengers in four separate compartments, offering arrange of flexibility across our entire fleet for small or larger groups.