How to reach the Golden Triangle
What to do and visit in the Golden Triangle
- Visit Burmese pagodas, monasteries and churches.
- Trek to unique hill tribe villages and explore crafts.
- Lonely Tree Hill (or One Tree Hill): Travelers will experience a beautiful sunset on this hill where a lone, 245-year-old Kanyin – Byu (DipterocarpusSpp) tree stands.
- Kyaing Tong Central Market: This is a bustling and colorful place, where various hill tribes converge to purchase and sell their wares. On the market, travelers can soak up the local atmosphere and capture colorful photos.
- Traditional Water Buffalo Market: This unique market is for buying and selling healthy buffaloes used for farming, transportation, getting milk and meat.
- Loi Mwe: This hill station is 33km away from Kyaing Tung. Loimwe means “misty mountain”. It is at an altitude of over 1,600 meters above see-level. It has the magnificent view and the temperate climate. This area has remained British architectural constructions, with the Catholic Church built in 1929 and many colonial buildings. Besides, in Loi Mwe, you can visit Loi Mwe lake and Four-country Friendship pagoda. The way leading to Loi Mwe passes through forests, terraced rice fields. On the way, you can stop to explore villages of the Lahu, Wa and Akha.
- Ka Bar Aye Pagoda (WatPratartJomDoi): Historical “Ka Bar Aye” Pagoda is on top of a hill with eye-catching view. Reaching here, you will pass rubber plantation and seasonal cultivation fields.
- MaHa MyatMuNi Pagoda: The Pagoda festival is held annually in November. Its space is serene that is appropriate for praying and meditation.
- Pottery village Yan Gone, where you can observe the handcrafted earthen pots of Shan tribe and search for Shan pottery.
- Ho Kyin villages: It is a typical Akha race village with colorful dresses. They believe in different religions (Buddhist, Animist and Christian) and their traditional costume.
- Na Phi Phank village, where Lahu and Akha tribes live together
- MongZine (Khun Village), where you can see traditional Lahu knives made by Lahu blacksmith.
- Gon Shan village: You can see extraordinary long house in here.
- Pin Tauk: In this area, you will see silver headdress “Akha tribe”, which has rich culture and timeless tradition, “black teeth” Eng tribe and rice-distillery Shan villages.
- Kong Pack (Lahu Shee): Ascending hill to “LahuShee” village, you can admire stunning landscape and golden rice fields at over 1500 meters above sea level. Descending, you can visit Wan NoungSar “Silver Palaung” village.
- Wan Nyet – Wan Sheng: This place is near China border with beautiful landscape. You can walk round to visit wooden Monastery of the Loi over 385 years old and Wan Seng Monastery, and witness Loi (Lwe) tribe living in typical long-houses with traditional life-style.
- Tachileik’s replica of the Shwedagon Pagoda – a famous gilded stupa in Yangon, grounds showcase sculptures of mythical creatures. It has statues of Buddha’s disciples flanking a large golden Buddha and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Karen hill tribe (or Padaung tribe) is well-known by their long-necks. Traditionally, the woman has lengthened their neck by the way of wearing heavy brass coils, which represent beauty and tribal identity. You should be respectful as walking their village and shoot limited photos. On villages, you can purchase handicrafts from local artisans.
- The local market has various goods, from modern clothing and DVDs to crafts and thanaka – a yellowish face powder commonly used as makeup by Burmese women and girls.
- Particularly, you can take a boat on beautiful Mekong river and see the view point on the bank where the three countries actually meet.
– Kyaing tong Trekking tour for 5 days – Reavel the last hidden parts of the worlds to learn about incredible stories and magnificient nature.
– Myanmar and Laos Adventure in 13 days – The tour ensure exotic and mixed experiences of the stunning sceneries with mysterious, untold stories of underground society there